Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Thursday, September 30th, 2010

Turning another year older has never affected me.  However, when my kids have a birthday I find myself on an emotional rollercoaster of disaster.  Tomorrow my oldest daughter will be 18.  As I set across the table from her at lunch today, I just couldn't help myself . . . (clack, clack, clack . . . her we GO!).  I know that she will understand someday when she has a child of her own, but no matter how much independence she demands of this life, she will forever be lodged in my memory as an eight year old. 
She changed my life the day we met.  She continues to change my life as time goes on.  The joy always outweighs the sorrow.  The here and now is brief.  Tomorrow is a new day but today will last in our memories forever.

It has been an honor to be your momma, MiKay.  I Love You and I Miss You more than you will ever understand.  I respect you as a unique and competent individual.  You are beautiful and you know what you want in life.  Don't fool yourself in thinking that life will be perfect or that you will always make the right decision.  You only truly fail when you never try at all.  Don't be too quick to judge or be too proud to see that all of us make mistakes.  Be motivated by love in all things.

1 comment: