Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

I Have THE Mark!

From the mouths of babes . . .


Five year old "Momma would you like me to write a mark on your hand?"

So, sure, I'm game. 

5yo: "Do you want a letter or a number?"

Moi: "Whatever you think I need"

5yo proceeds to write a large"J" with a green pen inside the palm of my hand.  "That means Jayse" (pronounced liked chase with a J). 

Moi: "What is a Jayse?"

After a lengthy attempt to explain the definition . . . you know by the room we play in . . . outside the room . . . by the door . . .

Her final definition of Jayse
"A Jayse is something old and dusty"

So I am marked today by my baby girl as "something old and dusty" by the green ink "J" in the palm of my hand.

________________

There is much joy to be had in the simple things.  Stop and appreciate your life today.  This was my gentle reminder to do so today and I am paying attention.

1 comment: