Pages

Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Tuesday, June 8th, 2010

Somedays I just want the world to disappear so that I can capture every moment selfishly with my kids. Other days I feel like all I have done is fail them.

I made the above comment to a dear friend earlier and then decided that it would be the subject of my blog today.  As selfish as I want to be with my children, that does not prepare them for the world that we live in.  As a parent, as soon as I think that we have conquered one issue--it is then painfully clear to me that we have so much more to tackle. 

We continue to experience action/reaction issues. They're action, my reaction.  Boy, oh boy!  My precious children know how to push my buttons.  And of course, it is typically at a time when I really do need to evaluate what my attention is being invested in.   

I did not truly appreciate my parents until I had kids of my own. I wonder if that is when my kids will see what we are trying to establish with them now.  I am honored to be "Momma".  I am encouraged to know that God is the one who is truly in control. 

Thoughts and feedback are welcome here.

2 comments:

  1. I completely understand. I feel guilty for working and not being with them more which is what I really like to have happen but finances right now dictate that I have to work. There are days that my kids drive me crazy & others that I wish I could spend every waking moment with them & be there for them for every moment. I feel guilty alot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bjjernigan01 - EVERYTHING that you do is for them, work included.

    ReplyDelete