Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Wednesday, July 21, 2010


"Scandal" painting by Mike Boast
SCANDALOUS: breaking with propriety
Audacious bold, determined, beyond reasonable limits
Extravagant crazy, out-of-bounds, profuse

GRACE: a virtue of God
Preposterous underserved, outrageous, unexpected
Life-changing wild, liberating, unrestrained, satisfying

Another great book find from Gardners "Scandalous Grace", a journey of Scandalous Grace, Scandalous Living.  John 8 tells us of a woman caught in the act of adultrey, brought before Christ naked, fearful, shamed.  Yet, He didn't have any harsh words.  Rather he demonstrated grace to her in His gentle, compassionate way and gave her divine forgiveness.  This same kind of grace covers my petty, self-serving, self-absorbed ways. 

A good friend reminded me on Sunday that we can't live in the past and have a future.  It's time to leave the past in the past for only then can you move forward.  For me this is a daily process.  Every day is a lesson learned.  Learn from the mistakes made in the past.  Leave the drama behind and bring the wisdom you have learned with you into the future.  Day by Day, I get overwhelmed to think much farther than that!

Day by Day--Oh, Dear Lord, three things I pray. To see the more clearly; love thee more dearly; follow thee more nearly. Day by Day (love me some Godspell)

Throughout the life of Christ I see him as "going where many dared not go".  He was seriously misunderstood and yet He understood every situation.  Most importantly, He understands me.  Thank you for tolerating my rantings, I find it very therapuetic to vent.  Be encouraged--Let's put the FUN back in Disfunctional!!!

1 comment:

  1. "Day by Day--Oh, Dear Lord, three things I pray. To see the more clearly; love thee more dearly; follow thee more nearly. Day by Day"

    This is also a Toby Mac song that I love to sing. So true!

    ReplyDelete