Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

Monday, August 23, 2010

Once again, it is tryout night for the current community theater production.  This time both Kallie and Zach will be trying out for Jungle Book.  As usual, the drama runs high in the household during the hours leading up to tonights tryouts.
Zachary was up at the crack of dawn putting his laundry away.  He instructed me that he was going to take care of "this" and then start on his school assignments for the day because he wanted the day to "hurry up".  He can hardly sit in his seat with out coming to tell me something else that has to do with play tryouts.  Boy, I hope they are letting 2nd graders try out this time. 

Kallie takes a different approach.  She is up and excited.  She talks non stop, dramatically--no less.  EVERYTHING is overly done.  Kind of like the overacting done in the old black and white films.  It is hilarious to watch, stirring the macaroni and cheese has taken on a new form.  I have never seen such dramatic re-inactments as I have today.  She is so expressive and I will NEVER get the song out of my head that she has been practicing.

I love this day!  It is a little annoying (hence the ten minutes that I have locked myself in the office to blog/vent and left them in charge of each other) BUT wonderful and memorable.  Even when things seem to get crazy, I need just a few minutes to stop and remind myself how blessed we are.  These days are very exciting and these memories will build their bond with each other.  

So cheerio! folks as I continue my afternoon in support of the arts and the imaginations and dramatizations of my wonderful babies . . .     

No comments:

Post a Comment