Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

"The Oven Is On Fire!!!"

Early one morning last week our 15 year old asked to bake some cookies.  "Sure".  I mean what could happen, right?  A few minutes later (during the preheat process) there was much hollering, a ball of flames from the oven, fire extenguisher in use, and a house full of  black smoke and white powder.

As things began to settle, I peered into the oven to see what was the cause of all this chaos.  "Zach! Why is your glow stick in the oven?...)  He response was a detailed explaination of how he was checking to see if the stick had recharged after being in the freezer overnight.  "It was the darkest place for me to try it." 

I called Darren to explain that we had an event that led us to use to fire extenguisher for the first time in 18 years of marriage.  I also complained about the house being full of white powder despite our attempts to air it out.  The catch about that is, that when I removed my glasses and put in my contacts the white powder disappeared (duh!).  In the chaos, I had neglected to acknowledge that I had the glasses on and that they were covered in a thick powder like the rest of me. 

It was a huge mess to clean up but very minor compared to the worst case scenario.  And be warned, the liquid inside of the neon glow stick is flammable.  You will be amazed at how hilariously grateful you are when things could have been A LOT worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment